How to release CryptoLiv (Cryptolaemus montrouzieri)
What’s in the CrytoLiv tub?
Predator: Cryptolaemus montrouzieri adults.
How to release lady beetles?
- For best results, release as soon as receiving shipment.
- To release, open the tray and place it in the centre of the hotspot.
- Avoid watering for 30 min before and after release.
- Beetles tend to fly away if there isn’t enough food available.
- Avoid top watering or washing the plants.
Can you store lady beetles?
It is recommend to release the predators immediately upon arrival.
If storage is necessary beetles can be stored for 1-2 days in a cool (12°C - 15°C), humid (RH 60%), and dark place. Avoid any contact with direct sunlight.
How to promote establishment?
Temp/humidity: Cryptolaemus works best in warm and humid environments, temperatures of 25°C -27°C and a relative humidity of over 60%.